Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 Sports Predictions

With the college football season nearing its end, I think it is time to take a look at what 2012 will bring to the sports world.

Baseball
It seems as if baseball just ended, but we are less than two months away front he start of Spring Training! With the exciting pickups that the Marlins made this offseason, I think they are set up nicely for a strong showing this summer. Whether or not the big names will lead to October baseball, I'm not sure, but I think fans will have a lot to cheer about this year.

Prediction:  90+ wins and at least a Wild Card playoff berth


Basketball
After seeing the Miami Heat in action, with a year of chemistry under their belts, I don't think there is a team out there that can run the court like they can. With two of the best fast-break players in the league (in Wade and LeBron) there is no stopping them on a run out. I wouldn't be surprised if they are top 5 in scoring and scoring defense this year. And enough of the Big 3/Big 2 mumbo jumbo. Chris Bosh is a great PF. He's no LeBron, but he's definitely top 5 in the league at his position.  With the shortened season chemistry is crucial in the early weeks. With almost the entire same lineup as last year, plus an exciting rookie PG Norris Cole, I think the Heat of a step up on some of the other teams that were struggling to fill roster spots.

Prediction:  57-9 in the regular season and less than 5 losses in the playoffs en route to an NBA Championship. Also, LeBron is going to win the MVP award and average over 30 ppg.


Football
With Tim Tebow stumbling into the playoffs I don't see them contending for a Super Bowl. (But that's just what Tebow wants people to think!) Mayyyybe they get past Pittsburgh with a hurt Big Ben, but the batteries in the 'Tebow Time' clock are running out of juice.

Prediction:  Saints over the Patriots in the Super Bowl

My Redskins haven't had the best of seasons. In fact, I was one of the fans hoping that they would tank it to get a better draft pick. We need to improve at the QB position and there are a few good ones that could provide just that in the draft. Whether it's trading up to get Andrew Luck, or taking RGIII with the 6th pick, both would be welcomed in my eyes.

Prediction:  If the Skins draft a QB, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict 10 wins and the NFC East title! I saw what Cam Newton did this year and I wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment