Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Good Luck Mom!

Today's post goes out to the most amazing woman I know, my mother Joann! She is going in right now to get her left knee replaced! I know she will do great.

For Christmas this year, like every year, we struggle with figuring out what to buy her for Christmas. Finally, when I asked her what she wanted she mentioned a perfume and slippers. Then she says, 'You know what I really want? I know I'm not going to get it but I really want it.' She precedes to show me a picture of a giant 9 foot tall sunflower sculpture, her favorite flower.

Then she tells me that she called and that someone had already bought it, and that another person had recently inquired about it. Christmas morning comes and she peeked outside to see if someone had came and installed it overnight. Nothing was there. So, we are opening presents and she gets to her last box. She opens it and inside there is a small sunflower ornament. 'What's this mean?" she says. Then she gets to the piece of paper that was in the box and it was a picture of the sculpture. My dad was the one who bought it and it was to be delivered later in the week. She flipped out! The video will be coming soon, which is PRICELESS! But for now, I leave you with a few pics from the day it arrived.

FYI: You can check out more about the artist David Langley at his website by clicking HERE!





No comments:

Post a Comment